Pagina 1 van 2 12 LaatsteLaatste
De resultaten 1 tot 25 van 50 worden weergegeven.

Discussie: Dollhouse

Standaard Dollhouse

Eindelijk wat meer info over de nieuwe serie van Joss Whedon: Dollhouse

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1135300/

Eerste aflevering: Januari 2009
    Laatst aangepast door M-EX(treem) : 16-05-2008 om 10:59
    My heart was not ripped out, but she did steal my cuckoo clock.
    The Swede in Hell On Wheels

Standaard

First Peek at Whedon's Killer Dolls

The first photo from geek maestro Joss Whedon's highly anticipated Dollhouse reveals the killer cast behind the upcoming sci-fi drama. The seven-episode series, which follows a group of highly skilled men- and women-for-hire known as "dolls," launches in January on Fox. The show is tentatively scheduled to air Mondays at 8, before 24.

The dolls have had their memories and personalities wiped clean -- think Bourne Identity -- and are rented out to perform tasks by a mysterious agency.

Remember ass-kicking babe Eliza Dushku from Buffy and Tru Calling? She stars as Echo, who becomes self-aware and begins to investigate her surroundings, including the futuristic, lab-like dorm (pictured above) she lives in.

Whedon tapped Battlestar Galactica stud Tahmoh Penikett to stand in as Echo's twisted love interest and an FBI agent obsessed with the urban myth of a such a "Dollhouse."

Fran Kranz stars as Dollhouse's nerdy programmer Topher Brink, who imprints the dolls with their task-specific personas. 24-alum Harry Lennix serves as a bodyguard for Echo, and Buffy Angel alum Amy Acker is doll-handler Dr. Claire Sanders. X-Men's Olivia Williams plays the ruthless Adelle DeWit, who governs over the dollhouse.

Dushku's own experiences as an actress inspired Whedon, according to an interview with the Los Angeles Times. "When we really discussed the whole thing, she said, 'You're talking about my life. In my life, everybody tells me who they want me to be while I try and figure out who I am.' And that spoke to me. I agreed that I'll write and maybe oversee the pilot," said Whedon, who created and penned hit shows Firefly and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

[SPOILERS AFTER THE JUMP]

Our sources at Fox tell us that Dollhouse will take place at an undisclosed point in the future, and the organization behind wiping the dolls and imprinting them is a corrupt, top-secret government agency.

Their handlers are working with a high-tech brain institute that has a vast archive of different personalities to imprint upon the dolls for their various assignments, which can range from assassinations and fantasies to the occasional charitable deed.

In addition to Echo's own search for self-discovery, an FBI agent convinced of the existence of a "Dollhouse" is hot on the case. And the dolls themselves live in a state-of-the-art facility that resembles a Japanese-inspired zen spa.

The pilot wrapped shooting in April and goes back into production in July before the launch early next year.

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008...ns-killer.html

Standaard

Ik ben iig geinteresseerd... Whedon heeft me nog nooit teleurgesteld...
    Logan's inspirational messages of the day:

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. - Eleanor Roosevelt
    Adversity is the diamond dust with which heaven polishes its jewels. - Thomas Carlyle
    To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose, the next best. - William Thackeray
    Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late. - Ben Franklin

Standaard

Official Website
    Trailer.
    Premiere: February 13th on FOX.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Van de officiële website)
    Joss Whedon, creator of the groundbreaking cult favorites, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," and "Firefly," returns to television and reunites with fellow "Buffy" alumna, Eliza Dushku, for a thrilling new drama, DOLLHOUSE.

ECHO (Dushku) is an "Active," a member of a highly illegal and underground group of individuals who have had their personalities wiped clean so they can be imprinted with any number of new personas. Hired by the wealthy, powerful and connected, the Actives don't just perform their hired roles, they wholly become -- with mind, personality and physiology -- whomever the client wants or needs them to be. Whether imprinted to be a lover, an assassin, a corporate negotiator or a best friend, the Actives know no other life than the specific engagements they are in at that time.

Echo acts with no memory of before. Or does she? Confined between missions to a secret facility known as the "Dollhouse," Echo and the other Actives including SIERRA (Dichen Lachman), are assigned engagements by ADELLE DEWITT (Olivia Williams), one of the Dollhouse leaders. After each scenario, Echo, always under the watchful eye of her handler, BOYD LANGTON (Harry Lennix), returns to the mysterious Dollhouse where her thoughts, feelings, experiences and knowledge are erased by TOPHER BRINK (Fran Kranz), the Dollhouse's genius programmer.

Echo acts with no memory of before. Or does she?

As the series progresses, FBI Agent PAUL BALLARD (Tahmoh Penikett) pieces together clues with the help of Russian informant, LUBOV (Enver Gjokaj), that lead him closer to the Dollhouse. Echo stops forgetting as her memories begin to return, and she slowly pieces together her mysterious past.

Produced by 20th Century Fox Television and Mutant Enemy Inc., DOLLHOUSE revolves around Echo's blossoming self-awareness and her desire to discover her true identity. But with each new engagement comes a new memory and increased danger inside and outside the Dollhouse. Joss Whedon directed the pilot and serves as executive producer and writer. Liz Craft and Sarah Fain are co-executive producers.

Standaard

Ik dacht ergens gelezen te hebben dat Whedon zich min of meer had teruggetrokken uit dit project? Ik ga het zeker wel eens bekijken in ieder geval, Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog heeft me positief verrast (Buffy en Firefly nooit gezien, Serenity dan weer wel).

Standaard

Vandaag begint het! ( dus morgen downloaden )

zijn er nog meer mensen die deze serie willen gaan kijken? ik ga zeker ff de eerste paar episodes checken.

Standaard

Ik vrees voor cancellation, dus ik ga kijken zodra een 2e seizoen is aangekondigd.

Standaard

Eerste aflevering afgehaald maar nog niet gekeken, da's waarschijnlijk voor morgen. Veel kans op slagen is er inderdaad niet voor deze serie, het concept zal wellicht maar een klein cult-publiek aanspreken en de serie wordt dan ook nog eens op vrijdag uitgezonden wat in de VS blijkbaar bekend staat als een soort kerkhof voor series waar de networks niet veel hoop voor hebben. Daarom dat ik ergens meen gelezen te hebben dat Whedon voor de zekerheid al aan een volgend project bezig is en dus zelf ook niet verwacht dat de serie lang zal lopen, maar kan helaas de link niet terugvinden.

Standaard

Best een goede eerste aflevering, maar volgens mij toch een serie die een tijdje gaat nodig hebben om te groeien. Afwachten of het ook die tijd zal krijgen.

Standaard

Alias meets Dark Angel. Het algemene verhaal von dik best interressant, maar het verhaal van de aflevering (de ontvoering) verre van. Misschien waren mijn verwachtingen iets te hoog.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door M-EX(treem) Bekijk bericht
    Alias meets Dark Angel.
    Daar deed het me ook aan denken, vooral aan Dark Angel dan.

De pilot deed het trouwens niet goed in de kijkcijfers met nog geen 5 miljoen kijkers (al is dat voor vrijdag misschien niet zo'n verschrikkelijk slecht cijfer, dat weet ik niet).

Standaard

Las dat shows op fox op vrijdag niet lang te leven hebben. (nu dollhouse en Terminator TSCC_

Standaard

Ben echt benieuwd naar deze serie...!!!
    Who's the more foolish
    The fool
    or the fool who follows him

Standaard

2 afleveringen tot nu toe, ik kan er nog niet echt over oordelen. So far, so good, maar toch wat langer wachten om te kijken of het echt een goede serie is. Veel potentie om heel tof te zijn en Eliza Dushku is natuurlijk erg prettig om naar te kijken.

Standaard

De tweede aflevering vond ik alweer beter als de eerste, hopelijk zet die evolutie zich voort

Standaard

Net de 6e aflevering bekeken, volgens Whedon zelf de eerste van de reeks die hij zonder beïnvloeding van Fox heeft kunnen maken, en het was inderdaad wel de beste aflevering van deze serie tot nu toe. Het begint van een leuke tussendoor-reeks nu echt wel goede televisie te worden. Mooi actie-choreografie en een interessante verhaallijn. En natuurlijk Elisha Dushku

Standaard

Aflevering 7 was ook weer zeer goed (en ook zeer hilarisch ), begin echt te hopen dat deze serie volgend TV-seizoen mag terugkomen.

Standaard

6e ep was idd de beste, 7 was erg grappig, schijnt dat 8 fucking episch wordt.

De dolls worden s'nachts wakker, herinneren zich dingen en beseffen dat ze een soort van 'gevangen' zitten in de dollhouse.

promo voor episode 8:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9oqZdZ0dho

Standaard

Klinkt weer goed. Jammer genoeg lees ik ergens dat de ratings iedere aflevering wat zakken, en ze waren al niet erg hoog om mee te beginnen.. Laat ons hopen dat Fox wat vertrouwen heeft in Whedon en een tweede seizoen op een betere dag in de week toestaat.

Standaard

zojuist ep. 11 gekeken, prima aflevering met een hele toffe -oh-my-god-what-the-fuck twist. Volgende week alweer de finale van seizoen 1. promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFTftWw7lrI

Standaard

Volgens mij ben ik nog de enige die dit kijkt hier.

Net de finale gekeken, was wel oke, maar vond het redelijk voorspelbaar en un-sattisfying.

Hopelijk komt er een 2e seizoen, want het heeft genoeg potentie.

Standaard

Als er een 2e seizoen komt geef ik deze serie nog zeker een kans hoor!

Standaard

De serie werd met de week beter, maar de climax zat helaas aan het einde van aflevering 11, daarom vond ik 12 ook wat tegenvallen.

Maar gelukkig komt er in ieder geval nog een 13e aflevering, maar die is DVD-Only. En de dvd-release zal nog wel ff op zich laten wachten.

Standaard

En de dvd-release zal nog wel ff op zich laten wachten.
    28 juli komt hij in de VS uit.

Bron: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/n/11829
    Laatst aangepast door David P. : 11-05-2009 om 15:41

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door M-EX(treem) Bekijk bericht
    De serie werd met de week beter, maar de climax zat helaas aan het einde van aflevering 11, daarom vond ik 12 ook wat tegenvallen.
    Helemaal met je eens. Ze hadden beter de Alpha onthulling als climax kunnen doen, denk ik. Dan heb je voldoende mogelijkheden voor seizoen 2. Mócht deze er komen.

Ook erg jammer dat Sierra en August(?) (die 2 dames in ieder geval) helemaal kick-ass waren en ready to roll, maar uiteindelijk niet gebruikt werden aan het eind. Ik las wel dat er een alternatief einde was, in welke ze wel nog terugkwamen.

Pagina 1 van 2 12 LaatsteLaatste

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten